Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Last Lecture

Last Friday after having dinner with some friends, me and Jarrah headed out the Half-Price Book Store. I bought Randy Pausch's "The Last Lecture." I've been reading it none stop! I had already seen his lecture on YouTube but I had always wanted to read the book as well. So far I'm inspired by the strength and faith Randy kept during the last months of his life. He was well aware his days were counted and yet lived his life to the fullest. None of us really know when our time will be up but Randy Pausch has taught me to make the best out of each and every day.

Who was Randy Pausch?
Randy Pausch was a professor of Computer Science and Human Computer Interaction at Carnegie Mellon University. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on September 2006, at the age of 46. He gave a speech at Carnegie Mellon University on September 18, 2007 titled,"Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" or best known as "The Last Lecture." His speech went viral on YouTube. He talked about his childhood dreams, lessons he learned, and from time to time gave advice. He also joked around and made people laugh. 
Here are some power point slides from his speech, my favorite being "the brick wall," lesson. On his book, he talks about how his wife was his biggest "brick wall," lol. 

Randy Pausch passed away on July 25th 2008, 3 months after the publication of the book, "The Last Lecture." I recommend everybody to grab a copy if you can :)

1 comment:

  1. Randy's book and life have been inspirational to me...catch the video of his presentation if you can too! He was an amazing man and this book is a gift...our gift back is letting him live on in us.

    ReplyDelete