Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Food and Friends

Noticed how Food came before friends and fitness? ha! Yes, that was intentional. I was on top of my game today at work. I even had a chance to go by the bank and get a replacement debit card. Yes! I lost my debit card AGAIN, my second time this month. It was a shame the lady at the bank recognize me, "Weren't you here 2 weeks ago?" DING! DING! DING! Yup that's me! Next time, I should consider gluing my debit card to my forehead! That should teach me a lesson.
After work, I had dinner with my sweet friend Karina. Last time she saw me, I didn't know how to drive. So I'm sure she felt a little uneasy about being my passenger for the first time. We SAFELY made our way to Gloria's on the Bishop Arts District and made it there in one piece. After AMAZING chips and salsa, enchiladas and the BEST lemonade, we did a lot of chit-chatting. I mean can you blame us? We're girls that's what we do best. "Nombre manita did you hear about...blah blah..."

I've know Karina since high school. She was always on my Myspace top 8 friends, so that should tell you something. She recently graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in Social Work. When I heard she was back in town for the summer, I was beyond excited to see her! It's fun to look back at these pictures and see what a wonderful friend she truly is. From our days on 6th street, that ONE party (remember Kari when you lost your camera lol), volunteering, lunch dates, sharing our first apartment, to making quesadillas because we didn't know how to cook and can go on... (Plus check out my glasses, I swear I thought they look cool. I was so wrong!)
Freshman year boat party!!
Sophomore year out and about on 6th Street.
Educational seminar in Fort Worth. So fun!
Karina and I have had our ups and downs, including a time I was pushing her away. A lot of it had to do with my own personal insecurities. But no matter the situation, Karina was always there to lend her shoulder to cry. And boy did I use it! It took some major soul searching and reminiscing to realize what a wonderful friend I have in front of me.
In the past 2 years, I moved back to Dallas and Karina continued to finish school in Austin. Since then we've only been in contact through Facebook. Whether it's a "like" or a small comment on my wall, I still consider her a really close friend. I can only try to make up for lost time and create many more wonderful memories with this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment