Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Work Run and Read

WORK. Lately I've been swamped by work. About a month ago, I took on a new position with more responsibilities. BIG RESPONSIBILITIES. My team has shown a great amount of patience and willingness to help that it's made this transition easy.


RUN. There are only four days left until the Dallas Marathon. This will be my second half-marathon in over two years. I want to beat my previous (and first) time of 2:30 hours. But looking at the weather, just showing up and finishing might have to suffice.


READ. I read The Alchemist over the weekend. This story of a young shepherd boy in search of a treasure is a quick read and powerful metaphor of life. Great message about listening to your heart and never giving up on your dreams.
“When you really want something to happen, the whole world conspires to help you achieve it.” Paulo Cohelo, The Alchemist. 
I have about four books lined up for December: Mockingjay (third and finally book of The Hunger Games series), Gone Girl, The Shack, and Wicked.  I'll be taking a break from running so I'll have enough time to go through them all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment