Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Felling Like a Kid

A few weeks ago, a friend and I visited the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. It's been a while since I've been to a museum so you can only imagine how excited I was. The place was pack with kids, who were on an actual field trip, which made me feel like a big kid on a field trip as well.

But first let me take a selfie. lol. 
The escalator took us to the very top level of the museum. We started our exploration with a 'journey through the solar system.' I remembered some of this from elementary but it was nice to feel like I was learning something new again. 



We then made our way through the Mesozoic Era. We watched a 3D short film about dinosaurs, which was interesting.


The next level provided some insights about earth, from tornadoes and earthquakes to the production of  natural energy and gas. We even took a virtual trip underground and watched how natural gas was produced.


Huge, not real, drill bit 
My favorite exhibition was the engineering and innovation hall. It was so fun and interactive. I got to play with a couple of instruments, produce some beats, and do a cool drawing that was then projected on a screen. I swear it's more fun than was it sounds. So many things to do!  



We ended our adventure at the sports exhibition hall. It offered a variety of sport activities. One of my favorites was a virtual race against a dinosaur. Imagine running down a bowling lane and a dinosaur, projected on a screen against the wall, racing you. I lost, of course.


There's a lot I left out. If you're in the Dallas area, I highly recommend visiting this place. Perfect for a family trip or even as an adult on a date. I promise you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment