Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Domingo, 5am

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I sit there for hours just thinking.
What I did today. What I should have done. Was I right? Oh did I really just say that?
My mind never sleeps. Unless I read till I doze off. 
It seems to help.
Well not tonight. So here I am.

I'm a very sensitive person. It's my weakness and I hate it. 
I let other people's emotions get to me.
Whether it's positive or negative energy, I allow myself to feel it.
I'm always told to "grow thick skin," but I never listen.
I just get better at not making it look so obvious.
But the feeling is still there.

I'm always quick to trust.
I see the best in others, until I don't.
Then I feel like the biggest idiot and beat myself for being so naive.
Patterns. They don't seem to go away.

But this is who I am. I'll get suck into it.
The energy. The trust.
Over and over again.

Hopefully one day, I'll master the art of sensing others' true intentions from a mile away.
Maybe by then, I'll have enough time to run the other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment