Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Birthdays and New Beginnings

So far April is off to a great start!

Two weeks ago, I started a new job at a new company. I prayed countless of times for an opportunity like this and I'm excited to explore this new chapter. Most of April will consist of lots of training. At the end of the month, I'll be traveling to New York for a full week of more training. Can't wait!


Also celebrated my mother's birthday two weeks ago. Kicked it with her for most of the day. I took her out to dinner and surprised her with some family guests. My mother and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but I thank God for her life. Our relationship continues to improve and I have faith it will only get better. 


About a week ago I celebrated a special occasion. I got baptized. A video of my testimony played right before I was dipped in the water. As I stood in the tub waiting for my turn, I wanted to cry. Life has not always been sunshine and rainbows. Five years ago, I was a lost and angry child begging for an end to the pain. Since my encounter with my Christ, I've become alive again. My purpose in life is beyond anything I will ever imagine. I rejoice and have faith that it's no longer I who lives, but He who lives in me.

I have been crucified with Christ & I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. -Galatians 2:20

Monday,April 13th was my birthday. It was also the first day of training. I spend the majority of my day in a room full with strangers. I was a bit intimidated at first, considering I was the only female, but still held it down. Later on that evening, our new bosses took us out to dinner. We had a great time and somebody ordered me a desert with a candle and the group sang Happy Birthday.

This birthday signified a celebration of another year to be thankful for new life and new hope. I remain faithful that God has special plans for me and I can't wait to see what is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment