Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Hottest Half (and 10K)

My friend, Jarrah, and I ran our first 10k at the annual The Hottest Half event.


It all went down last week on a VERY EARLY Sunday morning. I'm not a morning person but when I woke up at 6AM that morning, I was determined to make those 6 miles my b*tch! You see, the night before my whole family came over to cook out. One taco led to another..... and 6 tacos later I was like "fuuuuuuuck!" So I knew this was gonna be no bueno.


This is a picture of me taken around mile 4 or 5. I'm sure I was thinking, "WTF did I get myself into?" or my most frequent thought of that morning, "that old lady is running faster than me!" I finished in 1 hour 20 minutes 24 seconds with my buddy, Jarrah, finishing right behind me. We got a finishers medal too, oh yeah! Afterwards we stuck around for a little bit to enjoy all the free stuff from vendors. I got a free sandwich, powerade, banana, taco, etc. 



Next Year's Challenge: Look like this chick!
Wait not the girl with the hat -_- but challenge accepted!!


Over all it was a great experience but here are some of the things I took/learned from the race.    

1. Run as much as possible leading up to the race AKA no half-ass runs *common sense*
2. Fuel my body properly with the right food AND drink plenty of water.
3. No more eating tacos the night before, that was just dumb.
4. Find a better sports bra.
5. Don't get discourage if that old lady is catching up to me, keep running and finish strong!
7. Type this sentence so I can post this blog and go eat my mom's enchiladas peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment