Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Give Me The Juice!


Lately my fridge has been filled with lots of vegetables and fruits, so I've been putting my juicer to work. I don't follow any specific recipes. I just take a handful of anything and throw it in the juicer. Kale, cucumbers, apples, carrots and oranges, etc.

Monday night, I was excited to start my first day of marathon training. But according to the training schedule I'm using, Tuesday was actually the first day. Either way I headed to the gym that night, this after a LONG nap. I did 2 miles on the elliptical and a 2 mile run on the treadmill. During my run I immediately noticed a difference in my breathing. Usually when I run, I feel like I have a plastic bag over my face, unable to control my breathing. But to my surprise I was able to run just fine.

Tuesday night, I met my friend, Jarrah, at the park for a quick 2 mile run. I wasn't sure how I was going to do since the outside temperature has been reaching 100 degrees. But as soon as I started, I knew it was going to be a great run. My legs felt strong and my body felt hydrated. I only took three 30 second walk breaks to refuel. I was determine to finish strong and I did! I finished 3:30 minutes faster than my usual time. It was an amazing feeling.

I'll be back at it tonight :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment