3/28: Relationship with Parents

Part of my 28 Things Challenge



I will be as honest as possible without over sharing since it's a bit personal.

Let's start with my father, since it'll be a short answer. I actually don't know much about him. He and my mother separated when I was 2 years old. Growing up, he made very little contact. It wasn't until I was 17 that I finally met him in person. As soon as he came into my life, he left again. I haven't heard from him since, I just know he currently lives in Mexico. 

Now moving on to my mother. Gosh this one's tough. My mother and I are not as close but we're not complete strangers either. I would say out of my 2 siblings, she and I have the best relationship (and probably because I'm the baby). We bump heads a lot because we're both very stubborn. I'm probably making this be something out of the ordinary. She acts her part. She's always on to me about saving money, what I should wear, staying out late when I have work tomorrow. The list goes on. There was a time in college when I was receiving family counseling but that's another story. Overall my mom is awesome and I should probably tell her and show her that more often. 

Pick a random question and submit your answer in the comment box, You can remain anonymous. This should be fun!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthdays and New Beginnings

Peace.

First Marathon COMPLETE!