Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Texas Half (5k)


This morning I ran the Texas Half 5k with my good friend Monica, her coworker Alma, and my coworker Tyrone. It was a first for Monica and Tyrone, so that by itself was a major accomplishment for both.

Left to right: Alma, Monica, Tyrone and I .
The event was held at the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas. We had no problem finding a parking spot and picking up our race bibs. The temperature had to be in the lower 40's, it almost had me saying...



The course was nice and flat. We ran straight through a major street and turned back around at the half-way mark. I ran non-stop for the first 15 minutes. Around the 17th minute and close to the half-way point, I started to get a sharp pains around my ankles. 


My foot landing was getting weak and my ankles were giving up. I sucked it up and ran as much as I could. I finished just under 39 minutes, 4 minutes above my previous time. I'm buying new shoes ASAP.


Afterwards we grabbed some free goodies like bananas, breakfast burritos, and energy bars and sat on the floor LOL Overall the event was very well organized and fun to run. I will definitely sign up next year again!

I just woke up from a 4 hour nap and I look forward to stuffing my face with food and watching the Superbowl. Bring on the commercials and most of all, Beyonce! Until next time, thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment